Techsmith provides the best Video Marketing and production training you could ask for and their free Video Marketing Academy is full of great tips and tricks for you and your business.
Learn how to use Camtasia. Get started with the basics or expand your skills with our full list of tutorials.
Here are some of the most common types of instructional videos you can create:
- Microvideos are short instructional videos that focus on teaching a single, narrow topic.
- Tutorial videos are the go-to instructional method for teaching a process or giving step-by-step instructions and are sometimes referred to as “how-to” videos.
- Training videos are designed to improve employees’ workplace skills and often use footage of real people to connect the trainer to the trainee.
- Explainer videos explain a business concept or product in an entertaining, visual way. They’re usually short and help simplify complex ideas.
- Recording a lecture or presentation can make that instructional content available for an audience to consume or review after the fact. These videos tend to be longer than tutorial videos and require a higher level of investment from your audience.
- Screencasts are quick, informal videos composed primarily of screen recordings designed to teach someone to perform a task or share knowledge.
As you can see, instructional videos go by various names, but the goal is the same.
Unlike other forms of video, an instructional video instructs. While you don’t want your videos to be boring, your main goal is for your viewers to comprehend and learn what you are teaching them.